"Summer is officially here and that means it's paleta and raspado season! There are endless possibilites for either and to get started, I made paletas de mango and with the same mixture, I made some raspados. Whether you like your icy treats in Popsicle or slushy form, this recipe has got you covered!"
Total Servings: 8
- 3 cups frozen mango
- 11/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, or the juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon Tajin * see note
- For both the raspado and paletas: Put all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- For the Raspado: Pour contents in a freezer proof container, freeze for at least 6 hours--or overnight. After the contents are frozen, scrape the surface with a fork and serve with a spoon. Top with more Tajin if you want extra chili flavor.
For the Paletas: Pour the contents from the blender into Popsicle molds and freeze for at least 6 hours--or overnight.
Note: Tajin can be found in most Latin supermarkets and is perfect for adding some spice to any fruit.