"Whoever feels that spring is already gone and summer is making its appearance too early in the year, good news: you’re not alone! But high temperatures also mean enjoying ice cream, frappes, smoothies and shakes! And inspired by a recipe I saw on bonappetit.com this month, I prepared this simple but delicious shake-smoothie that is not only very easy to prepare, but healthy, flavorful and surprinsingly spicy. Enjoy!"
Total Servings: 4
- 2 cups of cold low fat milk, divided
- 1 tablet of mexican chocolate Abuelita®, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- 3 medium scoops of coffee ice-cream or sorbet (you can also use vanilla ice-cream)
- 2 cups of crushed or regular cubes of ice
- In a small saucepan, over medium-high heat, bring 1 cup of milk to a boil, remove from the heat and dissolve the chocolate tablet until there are no lumps. Reserve and let it cool.
- Blend together the rest of the milk, the chocolate milk, the cinnamon and the cayenne pepper, for about 15 seconds. Add the ice-cream or sorbet and pulse until it breaks up. Add the ice and blend until you have the consistency of a frappe.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!